Company Field Biologist
CSS Pest Services are currently on the lookout for a Certified Field Biologist or hold an appropriate degree with appropriate pest management certification with extensive pest control experience and technical knowledge.
A field biologist should be available to offer technical support to our team of Service Technicians and a varied client base.
Applicants should have previous experience in a range of sites such as a variety of food manufacturing facilities; Pet-food manufacturers; Animal husbandry units; Warehouses and Distribution centres; Hospitals, prisons, universities, social housing and similar large public and private sector institutions; Hotels and large food retail outlets.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to confidently discuss issues with a variety of people, technicians, maintenance engineers, Environmental Health Practitioners, external auditors, site managers / directors.
- Be able to work on you own initiative, priorising your workload. Be able to react quickly to issues and requests from inside the business and from clients.
- A ‘can do’ attitude. Getting your hands dirty is part of the job description.
- Attention to detail at inspection and report stages.
- Good working knowledge of computer systems such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of auditing standards such as BRCGS, Organic Standards, SALSA, Red Tractor, AIB, Tesco & M&S Requirements.
- Sound technical knowledge of insects, wildlife and pest species and methods of control.
- Offer alternative approaches to resolving pest issues, thinking outside the box.
- Experience of delivering training both within the company and to clients in the form of pest awareness training to groups.
- The ability to impartially quality audit company Service Technicians and offer appropriate support to improve quality within the business.
- A current clean driving license is essential
- Eligible to work in the uk.
Inspection & Reporting
- To undertake contracted inspections for our Executive Reporting Service (ERS) sites at contracted intervals
- To complete support visits at the request of management team
- Support Service Technicians where required
- To submit to relevant parties’ suitable written reports after the inspection, with recommendations for site and CSS as appropriate
- To discuss in full with the Client, the results of all inspections carried out during a close out meeting
- To support the client with appropriate audit requirements.
- To identify cases where recurrent infestation, lack of support by the Client or poor service require follow-up action by the CSS Account Manager / Service Manager.
- To complete Quality Audits of site pest management to ensure CSS Standards are maintained.
- To constantly act as role model to ensure safe working practices and audit compliance.
- We want you to be assess the needs for improvement to our Customer Service Reporting
- To assist the Service Manager / Technical Director in the preparation of suitable training materials for technicians
- Prepare and deliver Pest Awareness training to clients
- To consistently improve one’s knowledge of pest management and auditing standards, through the CPD scheme by private study and attendance of agreed courses.