Throughout this page, the terms “CSS Pest Services”, or “us”, “we” or “ours” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
We at CSS Pest Services understand we need to protect your personal data. Our Privacy Notice is meant to help you understand what information we collect, why we collect it, and how you can manage, amend, and delete your information. We may update this Privacy Notice where it is deemed appropriate, so we recommend you review this page periodically.
The Purpose of this notice?
The CSS Pest Services privacy notice explains how we collect and use personal information in accordance with data protection laws, such as UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018.
Why we have your Information?
We process personal data to fulfil our contractual obligations to our customers and there are various ways in which we may obtain your personal data.
The below provides some examples but is not exhaustive.
- You’ve called us (Depending on the nature of the call, personal data may be shared and collected by us)
- An organisation you work for uses our services (For example we hold a pest control service contract at your place of employment and your details have been provided)
- An organisation you have engaged with uses our services to provide a service to you.
- You are employed by us.
- Your personal data was provided to us by a third party or as a result of other lead generating activities done by us.
- You have visited our website.
The information we collect and when
We only collect information that we know we will genuinely use and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The type of information that we will collect on you, and/or you voluntarily provide to us includes:
- Your name
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- Survey responses
- Related site images specific to the job required. We will however, where possible ensure no faces are captured on these photos.
- Any information provided by 3rd parties which may be applicable to the job being carried out.
- We may, in further dealings with you, extend this information to include, for example, services used, records of conversations and agreements and payment transactions.
- You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal information; however, we require certain information above in order for us to communicate and deal with you in an efficient and effective manner.
- The legal basis for processing your data we will have requested or stated at the point the information was initially provided. Therefore, we will not store, process or transfer your data outside CSS Pest Services Limited unless we have an appropriate lawful reason to do so.
How we use your information
- To contact you, following your enquiry, reply to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have contacted us about, or a third-party interaction.
- Take payments from you, where applicable.
- For statistical analysis, for example any surveys carried out on behalf of the CSS Pest Services Limited
- We will only ever use your personal data where we have a lawful basis to do so.
Sharing your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with any relevant Government agencies, local authorities (such as councils), regulators (such as the British Pest Control Association), law enforcement bodies, and any other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws, requests or regulations, and/or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where data may be shared, we will ensure we put appropriate safeguards in place to protect you.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Right to be informed – You have the right to know who is processing your data.
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to correct personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to remove your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – You have the right to opt out of the use of your personal data by automated systems such as artificial intelligence.
- You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. However, we hope that you would consider raising any issue or complaint you have with us first. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we will always do our very best to solve any problems you may have.
Storage and disposal of your personal data
We retain a record of your personal information to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and never retain your information for longer than is deemed necessary in regard to the nature of the communication, or in line with any legislation.
Data security is of great importance to CSS Pest Services and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your collected data.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- Implementing access controls to our information technology
- Using appropriate procedures and technical security measures to safeguard your information across our computer system.
How to contact us
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means: By email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: CSS Pest Services Limited Suite 7, Keynes House, Chester Park, Alfreton Road, Derby, DE21 4AS